The brand’s production ceased in 2011, but its vehicles are still in demand in the U.S. secondary market. It’s not surprising, considering their quality and reliability are truly worth the money they cost.
Despite their budget-friendliness, owners are unlikely to want to pay for car repairs in case of a potential incident. That’s why getting car insurance for Mercury is the best solution.
In fact, we’ve already prepared a Mercury auto insurance review for popular models from the automaker:
Additionally, on this page, you will find a general Mercury car insurance review that covers everything related to packages, deductibles, and more.
Which Service Package Should You Choose for Your Car?
Of course, not all insurers offer car insurance for Mercury even now. However, you still have a chance to get a policy, including any of the common ones in the USA, such as:
- Comprehensive: Provides 100% reimbursement in most common cases, including accidents, vandalism, theft, or disasters.
- Extended: A reasonably optimized type of Mercury comprehensive car insurance that allows you to customize the policy terms and coverage.
- Basic: The classic package includes only the most common situations and incidents. This Mercury insurance car package is not recommended, even if you want to save money.
Pro tip: Don’t rush to agree if you receive a favorable Mercury car insurance quote. Some agencies promise nearly perfect conditions but collect exorbitant premiums. That’s because customers are often unaware of what the package includes.
Mercury Car Insurance Cost
There are quite a few factors that influence the costs of this segment. Understandably, they all affect the price differently, so we suggest briefly reviewing the main nuances of Mercury car insurance policy:
- Age and experience: If you’re buying this car for a student or a young driver with a GDL, you’ll pay significantly more.
- Age and condition of the car: You can forget about Mercury new car insurance. But with a used car, there are nuances. For instance, insurers might refuse to provide services if the vehicle is not well-maintained and in poor condition.
- Region: Each state has its own rules for Mercury auto insurance. That is, where the car accident statistics are higher, the cost may be appropriate.
Let’s move on to the last section, where we’ll tell you how to reduce expenses and get the maximum benefits.
How Much Is Car Insurance for a Mercury?
Considering these cars are only available on the secondary market, you shouldn’t expect a high insurance premium. But there are still ways to save.
One of the ways to save is to think of the policy as an investment that will cover potential losses in any incident. Another option is to include all family drivers in your Mercury car insurance. Alternatively, you can fill out the form on our website, and American REIA experts will help you calculate the policy cost.
Victoria is a Senior Content Writer at American REIA. She helps customers find the right educational material through easily-digestible blog posts and buying guides backing their insurance coverage choice. Victoria covers the latest industry news and various insurance topics, including auto, home, health, and life insurance.