What is Cosmetic Insurance?
Cosmetic insurance or cosmetic surgery insurance is coverage provided by insurance companies in case of plastic or cosmetic surgeries.Acting as a safety net in case of any problems that may occur during a cosmetic surgery procedure or results, this coverage is a good option if your current health insurance policy doesn’t cover cosmetical procedures.
What does Cosmetic Insurance cover?
Although cosmetic insurance is rarely sold separately from personal health plans it can be worth considering to save up costs on plastic or cosmetic surgeries. Some personal health insurance plans can cover cosmetic surgeries such as:
- Rhinoplasty: In cases you have any problems with breathing or sleeping
- Skin removal surgery: In case of chronic rashes, infections, or other similar conditions.
- Blepharoplasty: If your vision is impaired.
- Breast augmentation or reconstruction: This type of coverage provides reimbursements in case of mastectomy for breast cancer patients.
How much is Cosmetic Insurance?
The short answer for this difficult question is, “It depends”. Hence, upon picking a health insurance plan it is important to ensure that it provides coverage in case you need to undergo cosmetic or plastic surgery. The prices for the cosmetic insurance can be quite different depending on factors such as:
- Your geographic location
- The time surgery will take
- The complexity of plastic or cosmetic surgery
- Your individual anatomy as well as on the desired results
- The expertise of a plastic surgeon and their training
It is worth mentioning, that plastic and cosmetic surgeries are personalized for each individual patient. Therefore, it is vital to pick a personal insurance plan that has an individualized approach and consult your primary care physician or specialist that is covered by the majority of health plans before you consider undergoing plastic surgery.